Bimatoprost is an eye drop used for the treatment of eye diseases. A common example of such eye conditions given medicines is open-angle glaucoma. Another example is the ocular high blood pressure found in many older people. Also, medicines can be used to get strong eyelashes.
High pressure in a people’s eye is the cause of glaucoma. If neglected, glaucoma might lead to loss of vision. This eye drop can help treat glaucoma, hence stop loss of vision by starting the pressure in your eye least and providing eye issue to an end.
As described previously, this drop is also used for the treatment of eyelash hypotrichosis (not enough eyelashes). Eventually, the drops will increase eyelash growth and help to increase the thickness and length of your eyelashes, plus its darkness. You should use this drop only with the prescribed of an eye specialist.
Before using this eye drop, a specialist would tell you the risks involved, so that you can think about them against the benefits that the drug provides. Thus, here are some things to think while getting ready to use the medication; while getting ready to use the medication;
• Allergic Effects: Notify an eye specialist about any previous allergies to this medicine or other medicines. You should also discuss other allergies you’ve knowledgeable, whether from foods, preservatives or other resources.
• Age consideration: It is discouraged to use the drugs for glaucoma and ocular hypertension in kids and youngsters below the age of 16.
• Stick to other information that your expert will give as it relates to the use of medicines.
• As always, you will be on a more secure side when you follow to your doctor’s advice about using any drugs and Bimatoprost is not an exception. Don’t exceed the dose as instructed by your doctor or in the utilization information attached to the package.
• In case you have to use another eye drop while using Bimatoprost (only when your doctor recommends such usage), you should allow 5 (five) minutes to pass before taking the other eye drugs. This way, the second drugs will not affect the first.
• You should take off your lenses (if you’re wearing in one) before implementing the drugs to avoid disturbance with the contacts that can cause eye pain. You can wear your contact lenses back about 15 minutes after using the eye drop.
There are zero sub-categories in this parent category.